Transposon Mutagenesis of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
- Strain with R68 ts::Tn501 (H526)
- LB (high salt):1% tryptone, 0.5% yeast extract, 0.5% NaCl
- 15 µg/ml HgCl2
- Carbenicillin 500 µg/ml / tetracycline 100 µg/ml.
- Grow strain in LB broth + antibiotics (Carbenicillin and Tetracycline) overnight at 30ºC to select for R68ts::Tn501 plasmid.
- Do serial dilutions of 10-1, -2, -3, -4 of the overnight culture.
- Plate 0.05 ml or 0.1 ml of 10-3 and -4 dilutions onto LB plates (2% agar needed for replica plating) that contain 15 µg/ml HgCl2. Incubate at 42ºC overnight to select against R68ts::Tn501 plasmid. The HgCl2 selects for the jumping of Tn501 to the chromosome.
- Using sterile toothpicks, pick mutants onto fresh LB + HgCl2 plates. Incubate at 42ºC. overnight.
- Replicate plates with sterile velvet. Test mutants by colony blot lysis.
- Peptides (2)
- Antibiotics and Antimicrobial Peptides (6)
- Bacterial Genetics (22)
- Protein Purification and Gel Electrophoresis (17)
- Liposome Methods (6)
- Outer Membranes (26)
- Biochemical Assays (16)
- Microbiological Techniques (8)
- Host-Pathogen Interactions (3)
- Functional Genomics (1)
- Immunology Based Methods (8)