Phenol Sulphuric Acid Carbohydrate Assay
Categorized: Biochemical Assays
To detect the presence of sugars. (Widely used method to monitor column eluates for elution of sugar containing compounds such as LPS, 0-antigen, etc.)
- Standards:glucose 1 mg/ml stock solution
- use 10, 20, 40, 60, 80 µl and make up each sample with dH2O to a final volume of 100 µl.
- Blank 100 µl water
- Samples:50 µl (of 5 mg/ml LPS solution) and make up to 100 µl.
- Add 50 ul of 80% Phenol solution (80% Phenol by weight)
- Vortex. Add 2.0 ml concentrated Sulphuric Acid in a stream.
- Stand 10 min. at room temperature.
- Read absorbance an 490nm.
- Antibiotics and Antimicrobial Peptides (6)
- Bacterial Genetics (22)
- Protein Purification and Gel Electrophoresis (17)
- Liposome Methods (6)
- Outer Membranes (26)
- Biochemical Assays (16)
- Microbiological Techniques (8)
- Host-Pathogen Interactions (3)
- Functional Genomics (1)
- Immunology Based Methods (8)
- Peptides (2)