Categorized: Liposome Methods
Method for incorporating proteins into liposomes for liposome swelling assay or as an alternative antigen presentation method.
- Dioleoyl Phosphatidyl Choline
- Buffer of choice / distilled water
- Dry 0.5 mmole of dioleoyl phosphatidyl choline under nitrogen in a disposable glass tube.
- Evacuate in dessicator under vacuum for 30 minutes.
- Add buffer / dH20 to required volume and scrape the sides of the glass tube to dislodge the lipid.
- Add protein at 1 mg/ul of lipid used.
- Vortex for 30 seconds. Sonicate twice in a bath sonicator at 7 degree for 15 sec.
This makes multilamellar vesicles that become small unilamellar vesicles (SUV) with prolonged sonication time. To make large unilamellar vesicles, use the extruder.
- Antibiotics and Antimicrobial Peptides (6)
- Bacterial Genetics (22)
- Protein Purification and Gel Electrophoresis (17)
- Liposome Methods (6)
- Outer Membranes (26)
- Biochemical Assays (16)
- Microbiological Techniques (8)
- Host-Pathogen Interactions (3)
- Functional Genomics (1)
- Immunology Based Methods (8)
- Peptides (2)